qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: No generated source inside "gen" directory
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:19:02 GMT
Danushka Menikkumbura wrote:
> Hi all,
>    I get a build error when I try to compile a repository working copy.
> The build fails when it is trying to compile
> generate_MaxMethodBodySize_h.cpp which is supposed to reside inside the
> gen directory. I can not find any generated code inside gen directory. I
> ran the generate.sh manually but had no luck. Am I doing something wrong
> here or what?. I went through the docs, but could not find any hint.
>
> Danushka

I'm guessing this is a VPATH build? Andrew Stitcher discovered yesterday that
VPATH builds are broken in the way you describe. You can do an in-tree build
until this get fixed, or if you're an automake whiz it would be most helpful if
you could take a look yourself. I was a bit of an automake-dummy when we started
getting this build system together and the code generation parts in particular
still suck a little.

Andrew did you make any progress with this?

Cheers,
Alan.