qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Build script for Qpid/C++ devs
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:41:41 GMT
Danushka Menikkumbura wrote:
> Hi devs,
>    I am in the process of writing a build script for devs. With a script
> like that, you might not find it difficult to switch between different
> versions of prerequisites, deployment locations, etc. I am thinking of
> incorporating things like checking for required files (e.g. specs), etc
> with this script.
>
> Thoughts please...
>
> Danushka

Our build script for devs is the traditional

  ./bootstrap && ./configure <blah> && make

so the best place for improved build scripting is in configure.ac and
src/Makefile.am. There's plenty of room for improvement, I look forward to you
contributions. Shout if you need any pointers, the info files on autoconf and
automake are the best starting point I know of.

Cheers,
Alan.