qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Federation & Clustering
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:46:46 GMT
Arnaud Simon wrote:
> According to my understanding a bridge has two components:
> - The private queue/subscriber on the source

This part I understand and agree with.

> - The subscriber process on the destination that dispatches messages to
> the targeted exchange

This part I'm not so sure about. There is nothing 'extra' for messages
received at a broker as a result of a subscription to a bridge queue.

> For solving circularities and multi-paths resulting in message
> duplication we are suggesting to append the broker name in a "path
> property" and to silently dropped messages. I would say that this should
> happen on the source broker so we keep traffic as minimum as possible.
> Is it what we are planning to do?

Yes; my current plan is to drop messages before they are enqueued on the
'bridge queue' at the source.

> Is so, what's the plan for
> implementing that?

I hope to check something in this week.