qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Build break on C++ with latest checkout
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 18:16:41 GMT
Senaka Fernando wrote:
> Hi Gordon,
>
> It doesn't seem to change the situation. However, to be 100% sure, I removed
> the cpp folder totally and am taking a new checkout and retrying it. Also,
> it seems that make distclean, even in super user mode doesn't remove some
> compiled code, the generated code are examples.

That is deliberate. The idea is to include generated code in the distro so you
don't need all the code generation pre-requisites to build from the tarball.
Also we include the generated man file and doxygen documentation in the distro.

make maintainerclean makes things much cleaner, but my personal favorite is a
script called svn-clean containing:

svn stat --no-ignore | awk '/^[I?]/{print $2}' | xargs --no-run-if-empty rm -r

Use it wisely :)

I believe that the Makefile
> doesn't account for these files?
The makefile includes a rubygen.mk fragment which is created by the generator.

Can you send a tarball of your generated source to the list so I can diff with
the expected results and hopefully find a clue as to what's going on?

Thanks,
Alan.