qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Why not Ship Examples with Source Distribution?
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 18:22:56 GMT
Danushka Menikkumbura wrote:
> Alan Conway wrote:
>> Danushka Menikkumbura wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>    At the moment Qpid source distribution does not contain examples.
>>> I think its good to have them in source dist. Any thoughts?
>>>
>>> Danushka
>>>

>> The C++ distro does include the examples, perhaps they should be in a
>> different place or highlighted better somewhere. Where did you look
>> first? That's where they should probably be :)
>>

> Hi Alan,
>    I can see a directory called "tests" but that does not possess the
> examples found in source repo.
>
> Danushka

Its possible the examples were added after the M2 distribution. If you do
  make -k install prefix=/tmp/foo
the examples are installed /tmp/foo/share/qpidc

They should probably be installed in a doc directory. I was a clueless newbie to
open source install practices when I wrote this stuff initially (I've progressed
to  "knows just enough to be dangerous" at this point), so any help or
suggestions to make it better are much appreciated.