qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <rafa...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: CPP test profiles in Java directory
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 20:59:49 GMT
Senaka Fernando wrote:
> I think that these should better be in some directories under qpid, instead
> of qpid/java. As they are not 100% Java isn't it?

I don't think it would make any sense to put these under qpid. These
files are entirely useless to anything other than Java.

As for them not being 100% Java, they are simply text configuration.
While it's true that the text does contain the configuration necessary
to run the Java client tests against a specific external broker (in this
case the C++ broker), I don't think this is a reason to kick these files
out of the Java dir.

Unless we are revisiting the decision to make the Java tests run against
external brokers, there needs to be some way to configure the tests to
actually run against specific brokers.

We could possibly stick them under qpid/java/test-profiles (or some
such) in order to clean up the top level java dir, but I honestly don't
see what harm they are doing as part of the Java src tree.

--Rafael