qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Broker Federation
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 14:26:09 GMT
Martin Ritchie wrote:
> I'm interested to see what everyone thinks. I know Gordon is working
> in this area on the C++ and it would be good to make any configuration
> for the C++ broker also work with the Java. In fact I was hoping to
> have very minimal configuration so users don't have to worry to much
> about configuration

Sound like a good idea. Let us know what you think the ideal
configuration would be like and we can see how best to make c++ support
the same thing (or as much of it as possible).

> Having read the page on how the C++ broker operates I'm not entirely
> sure I follow how it works:
> The qpid-route tool doesn't seem to have any authentication details

No, it doesn't yet handle configuration of authentication details for
connections between brokers. That should be added soon I hope.

> nor does it seem to talk about the creation of the 'link's that the
> Federation design talks to. Is there a bit of information missing?

The qpid-route tool sets up the link and establishes a bridge over it.
Its a convenience tool that attempts to simplify common tasks. You can
get full control over links and bridges directly using the management CLI.