qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QPID Ruby Client
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:15:21 GMT
Carl Bourne wrote:
> All seems to work well until I increase the number of messages from
> say 1000 to 10,000. When set to 1000 the messages fly through and get
> consumed within a few seconds. However, when I increase the number
> the actual rate at which the messages are consumed drops down
> considerably. My test (based on Gordon Sim's example) code is very
> simple. Is there anything in particular I'm doing wrong here?

I can't see anything wrong with it. What I see when running your code
with 10,000 msgs is that the time between the print statements is
noticeably slow for the first 15 or so messages, then its starts running
through much faster. Don't have an explanation for that. I see the same
sort of thing with openamq, and qpid java/c++ (M2.1 - not trunk).

What platform are you running on? And what version of ruby? Does the
rate of messages remain slow for you right up to 10000?