qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Senaka Fernando" <senaka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improving docs on C++ examples
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 19:43:56 GMT
Hi all,

According to the present discussion, I think it would be best to wait a bit
until Jonathan can come to an agreement about how the example documentation
could be made use in Qpid. However, there are certain other areas in which I
can start work on, some that Jonathan's docs don't focus.

1. How to run the examples. I mean the order.
   It is important that we describe the order in which the constitutes of
each example must be run, and the reason behind it. It should also detail
the results seen on the broker side (explanation on the trace logs), and
also something similar on the client side. This raises a new question. How I
can I enable trace logs on the client side?

2. Some docs on the RedHat site are not quite right, and not quite complete.
I'm not attempting to point them on this list, as I don't know the legality
of such a statement. Thus, I would like to talk in person to anyone
responsible on those documentation, on behalf of Qpid, should there be any
need.

3. We need to create a README per example, at least a tiny one. People
wouldn't otherwise have a clue when the try it for the first time. I can get
going on this now.

4. And, as Danushka stated, +1 for including these to the docs. I mean the
docs found inside the docs folder.

5. Also, I need to know where on the wiki I should start writing
documentation on examples. I didn't get an answer to that as yet.

6. It would be better to include a 'help' message for the verify_all, and
verify scripts. Until I asked this question on the list, I didn't have a
clue on what arguments that could be provided.

Thanks,
Senaka