qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Ritchie" <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What SASL mechanisms does Qpid Support?
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:29:12 GMT
On 28/04/2008, Marnie McCormack <marnie.mccormack@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Tomas - nice to hear from you !
>
>  Regards,
>
> Marnie
>

>  On 4/27/08, Tomas Restrepo <tomas.restrepo@devdeo.com> wrote:
>  >
>  > Hi Marnie,
>  >
>  > >  I don't know of any samples though thinking about it I believe it was
>  > the
>  > >  .NET guys that did some work on this stuff.
>  > >
>  > >  Anyone know better/more ?
>  >
>  > I did most of the authentication support on the .NET client,
>  > implementing the core SASL support. Currently the .NET client itself
>  > should support Anonymous, CRAM-MD5, Digest, Plain and External (useful
>  > if eventually implicit SSL with client-side certificates are supported
>  > by the spec).
>  >
>  > From what I remember, though, the Java client only supported Plain and
>  > CRAM-MD5 (and one of them had an issue which I do not know if it was
>  > fixed or not).
>  >
>  > --
>  > Tomas Restrepo
>  >

I've captured this thread here :
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Qpid+Interoperability+Documentation#sasl

so it would be good for those better in the know to update the docs.
Also if someone has a link or two ticks to put a description of
AMQPLAIN in that would be great.

So far .NET is winning with 5 implementations thanks to the good work my Tomas!
Java has 4, C++ Broker 3 and the rest are limping behind with just the
1 implementation.

Cheers

Martin

--