qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: remotely vote related...
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 20:36:04 GMT
On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Marnie McCormack
<marnie.mccormack@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Very topically, I think Aidan has some ideas about this that he's about to
>  share :-)

:)

>  On 4/8/08, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com> wrote:

>  > I was reviewing the packages for M2.1 vote last night and went to look for
>  > some details up on the wiki. I got side tracked so still
>  > need to complete the review to vote but did wonder about the following.

I'm about to put out an RC3 if I can get the maven stuff sorted, and
maybe even if I can't.

>  > Basically I an saying we should include the wiki as part of our M3 release
>  > goals, comments...

We definitely need to improve both our website and our documentation.
I've been playing around with Forrest on and off for a while and it
seems pretty good (we talked about it briefly at the face to face in
December). It has a few advantages over the wiki in that it's very
easy to have it produce static documentation that's tied to a specific
version, it can be kept in docbook so we can create printable versions
easily and as it lives in SVN it's easier to see when people are doing
things like adding options and not updating the documentation.

I've tried exporting the existing confluence as html and importing it
into a basic setup and that all seemed pretty straightforward. The
default skin could use some love, as it's not quite as attractive as
our existing one. Once I've got a bit more time I'll try to pull
together a running demo and put it up for people to have a look at if
there's interest.

- Aidan
http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/
each other."