qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid M2.1 RC3
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 14:06:57 GMT
On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com> wrote:

> Aidan Skinner wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > >  There are no distributions of the other languages as we had in M2 for
> > > example. Is that intentional?
> >

> > Yeah, they were only ever source distributions and it seemed a bit
> > silly (and error prone as it was an entirely manual process) to
> > distribute seperate source packages for each one.
>
>  That makes no sense, it hurts adoption. Should be not create binaries?

We've (AFAIK) only ever shipped binaries for Java and .Net (as they
are platform independent), everything else has been a source release.
The change from previous versions is that I've not created source
archives with just the cpp/python/ruby in them, just one big source
archive with everything.

If people strongly object I can upload them later, but I think this is
a saner way to go.

- Aidan
--
aim/y!:aidans42  g:aidan.skinner@gmail.com