qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Forrest migration
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:55:41 GMT
Qpids, Qpettes, Qperinos,

We've been bouncing around the idea of a forrest based website for a
while now and I said I'd mail the list with a proposed plan for
switching over.

Step 1. Demo - I'm exporting a snapshot of cwiki just now and will
check that into branches/forrest-site so people can see what we're
talkign about, I'll put a generated site up on people.apache.org later
today.

Step 2. re-organisation, re-skinning, general futzing. It is very easy
to reorganise the forrest layout, and the default skin is quite 1996,
so there's definately some work to be done on that. Fortunately
re-exporting is dead easy, and I'd strongly reccomend that we don't
start editting the html files until...

Step 3. Declare we're done, are happy to move to forrest and start a
VOTE followed by engaging with infrastructure@ to shift the website
over.

Step 4. Start seriously working on the forrest structure, pushing
version specific documentation into trunk/*/doc and converting stuff
into simplified docbook as we go.

Step 5. Profit

- Aidan
http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/