qpid-dev mailing list archives

From TLFox <timvo...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Persistent messages sent non blocking
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 12:42:01 GMT

TLFox wrote:

> If BDB is actually synching but the client is sending at such a high rate,
> this would imply to me that either producer flow control is not
> implemented in qpid, or the producer window size is set to a very large
> value.
>
> I also notice the server quickly OOMs at this sustained rate.

More on this:

I have also tried with M2.1 Java (with in memory store only since can't
build the bridging jar at this point).

Using the Java client I have one producer - non transacted, non persistent,
and one consumer, auto_ack.

I sent messages as fast as I can, the consumer receives about 5000 before
hanging, the producer then appears to continue sending messages at a high
rate, before the server runs out of memory.

Is this to be expected? Is there any way of enabling producer flow control.

At the moment the only stable producer/consumer scenario i can get with 2.0
or 2.1 is when using transactions, performance is low, but it doesn't OOM,
probably I guess because transactions are sent blocking so doesn't have a
chance to overwhelm the server.

Any ideas?