qpid-dev mailing list archives

From TLFox <timvo...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Persistent messages sent non blocking
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 13:08:47 GMT

Robert Godfrey wrote:

> You are correct, there is no producer side flow control.  We are
> looking to shortly put in flow control on the Java Broker
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-942), but this is a very
> blunt instrument in AMQP0-8/0-9 (another thing that we have fedback
> into AMQP0-10).
>
> -- Rob

Hmm, I am basically trying to run a simple JMS application which

a) Send messages via a non transacted producer
b) Consumes messages via a non transacted consumer

And see what the max throughput that Qpid can support.

I.e. Pretty much the simplest JMS example you can think of

Right now QPID is falling at the first hurdle. From what your saying it
seems such a simple example is not possible with QPID unless i manually
throttle the producer, which is, not to be a fine point on it, less than
ideal.

Are there any workarounds here?