qpid-dev mailing list archives

From TLFox <timvo...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Persistent messages sent non blocking
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 15:50:19 GMT

TLFox wrote:

> Are there any workarounds here?

In case you're interested, I have managed to work around this to a certain
level by manually throttling the producer on the client code that calls the
producer. I have a nice class that will automatically throttle given a
specified rate - it's very accurate based on the token bucket limiter
algorithm.

I started the throttle rate low (1000 msgs/sec) and gradually increased it
until qpid got into a "non steady state" (i.e. one that would eventually
lead to OOM), where the consumer can no longer consume messages at the rate
the producer produces.

This was about 5000 msgs / sec IIRC on my client and server setup (pretty
basic machines) (1K messages), using M2.1, non persistent