qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <rafa...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Clean-dir script
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 20:47:00 GMT
The script is used by the cpp test profiles. When QpidTestCase is using
an external broker it will check the exit status of the broker after
each test. If the broker exits with a non-zero status (i.e. it core
dumps), QpidTestCase will check the broker.clean system property and
exec it if present. This prevents a single broker crash from causing all
subsequent tests to fail.

As far as I can see there is no need to make this cross-platform until
the cpp broker is also cross-platform. I think it would be a mistake to
hard-code this behavior into QpidTestCase as that would make
QpidTestCase less capable of running against external brokers other than
our own. If a pure Java solution is required then we probably need to
develop some sort of broker control interface that the test framework
can use to start, stop, and clean up after external brokers.

--Rafael