qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Ritchie" <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Qpid Management Console
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 08:31:05 GMT
On 05/05/2008, Senaka Fernando <senakafdo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
>
>  After you installed eclipse, in say C:/eclipse, the startup.jar is found at,
>  C:/eclipse.
>
>  Regards,
>
> Senaka
>

>  On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 6:25 AM, <mehtar@cs.man.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>  > Hello All,
>  >
>  > I have been trying to run the Qpid Management Console but once I run the
>  > qpidmc.bat (on windows platform). I am getting the following message:
>  >
>  > Unable to access jarfile
>  > C:\Qpid\qpid-trunk\qpid\java\management\eclipse-plugin\eclipse\startup.jar
>  >
>  > I dont see any folder name eclipse in the directory structure
>  > (C:\Qpid\qpid-trunk\qpid\java\management\eclipse-plugin) so I edited the
>  > qpidmc.bat file and specified the path of startup.jar (e.g.
>  > %QPIDMC_HOME%\src\main\resources\startup.jar)
>  >
>  > After this small modification, when I run the qpidmc.bat, it executes but
>  > I cannot see any Qpid Management console (GUI). I checked in to
>  > configuration and found the following error:
>  >
>  >
>  > !SESSION Sun Feb 03 17:47:11 PST 2008
>  > ------------------------------------------ !ENTRY org.eclipse.core.launcher
>  > 4 0 2008-02-03 17:47:11.271 !MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse
>  > Platform: !STACK java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find framework
>  >        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.getBootPath(Main.java:639)
>  >        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:274)
>  >        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
>  >        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)
>  >
>  >
>  > Can anybody help me in this?
>  >
>  > However, I am able to run using Jconsole...
>  >
>  > I look forward to seeing your reply(ies).
>  >
>  > Regards,
>  > Rahul
>  >
>  >

If you are trying to run the console out of a development tree then
that will not work.

You need to build the console into a distributable object. Maven is
currently the only way to to that as it hasn't yet been converted to
ant.

on trunk:
 mvn -Pfastinstall -Dskip.python.tests
should complete then in the distribution directory you can
mvn
which will produce a zip in the target for the console.

hth

Martin

--
Martin Ritchie