qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Ritchie" <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clean-dir script
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 14:44:53 GMT
On 05/05/2008, Senaka Fernando <senakafdo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
>  What is this script used for? For sure it can't have something to do with
>  version controlled directories as it doesn't respect svn stuff. Thus, it
>  seems to be something like, a just for convenience script isn't it? Rhs
>  committed this saying,
>  "modified test harness to clean up data dir when broker crashes". Can't we
>  do the need-full without this script?
>
>  Ex:- export DIR_CLEAN_TEMP=xargs; rm -rf $DIR_CLEAN_TEMP; mkdir
>  $DIR_CLEAN_TEMP; export DIR_CLEAN_TEMP=

That too would work. I don't know what it is used for but imagine it
is for cleaning up a directory used to store persistent data used by
the C++ broker plug-in. I have a patch that will move the 'rm -rf'
into the java code but perhaps it is best done in the environment as
suggested above.

Would just be nice to tidy up the java root dir.

--
Martin Ritchie