qpid-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Martin Ritchie" <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Minutes: Documentation and Examples Planning: Monday, 5 May, 9:00 EST
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 15:12:05 GMT
On 05/05/2008, Jonathan Robie <jonathan.robie@redhat.com> wrote:
> Here are the minutes from today's meeting. I've added a few people to
> existing assignments based on post-meeting volunteering.
>
>  Areas of responsibility:
>
>  Java Broker Docs: Martin & Senaka
>  Tutorial: Jonathan & Danushka & Suran
>  Forrest Conversion: Aidan & Rajith & Danushka
>  Readmes: Senaka & Jonathan & Suran
>
>  Action items:
>
>  1. Martin & Senaka to rough out a plan for java broker docs
>  2. Jonathan to push on donating Red Hat tutorials
>  3. Danushka & Jonathan & Danushka to review existing tutorial documentation
>  4. Aidan & Rajith & Danushka to scope out Forrest conversion and do a
> prototype of a few pages
>  5. Senaka & Jonathan & Suran to write Readme for doc generation
>
>  Concern with Partychat:
>
>  Several people can't get partychat to work reliably, likely due to client
> errors. Martin suggests we straighten this out during the week, and all try
> to get our clients working more reliably.
>
>  Next meeting:
>
>  9:00 EST
>  Google Party Chat, channel #qpiddocumentation
>
>  Jonathan Robie wrote:
>
> > Tentative Agenda
> > Documentation and Examples Planning
> > Monday, 5 May, 9:00 EST
> >
> > Call-in info:  This meeting will be held on Google Partychat. on the
> #qpiddocumentation channel. To enter the chat using GoogleTalk, send the
> following IM to partychat@gmail.com: "/enter #qpiddocumentation".
> >
> > 1. Choose a moderator for the meeting
> > 2. List proposed agenda items
> > 3. Prioritize agenda items for the first meeting.
> > 4. Initial work on agenda items from #3
> > 5. Choice of next meeting time
> >
> > Here are some agenda items that I expect to come up in #2. We may not
> cover them all in one meeting.
> >
> > - List of documentation in progress
> > - Physical formats: DocBook, Forrester, Wiki, source documentation,
> READMEs, language-specific API docs. Which formats do we want to use in the
> near to medium range?
> > - Example programs: What examples are missing? Does the current examples
> framework work well?
> > - Donating Red Hat tutorial to Qpid: status, formats
> > - Bugzilla for documentation - how should this be set up?
> > - Who wants to do what?
> > - Partychat vs. telephone vs. other media - is partychat a good medium? Is
> there anything overwhelmingly better?
> >
> > I'm sure I'm missing many things we can fruitfully discuss .... and that
> there's more in just the above list for one meeting. Which is why #3 will be
> essential ;->
> >
> > Jonathan
> >

Thanks for organising this Jonathan.

For future sessions I think these are areas where we are a little weak
just now, in no particular order.

. Configuration Documentation (SSL, broker config, client system properties)
. User Guides (Message Store, Management Console)
. Interoperability Documentation (Qpid | RabbitMQ | OpenMQ)
. Functional Documentation. (ACLs, Plug-ins, Authentication)
. JIRA Process Guide

Cheers

Martin
-- 
Martin Ritchie

Mime
View raw message