qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Ritchie" <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need to understand the purpose of certain elements in config.xml
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 12:23:00 GMT
2008/5/20 Senaka Fernando <senakafdo@gmail.com>:
> Hi again,
>
> Thanks for the valuable guidelines. I'm almost done writing the README for
> the config.xml. However, I'm yet to understand the,
>
>    <advanced>
>        <filterchain enableExecutorPool="true"/>
>        <enablePooledAllocator>false</enablePooledAllocator>
>        <enableDirectBuffers>false</enableDirectBuffers>
>        <framesize>65535</framesize>
>        <compressBufferOnQueue>false</compressBufferOnQueue>
>        <enableJMSXUserID>false</enableJMSXUserID>
>    </advanced>
>
> section. As it seems it is a bit advanced to figure out. :)...
>
> Also, there are two elements configuring virtualhosts. I would like to know
> how this works out. And, I would also like to understand what
> <directory>${conf}/virtualhosts</directory> actually points to.

This one has an outstanding bug. ${conf} is not as you would expect
'the value configured at the start of the config.xml' it is the
directory that contains the config.xml file.

The two virtualhost elements are simply combined. And should
eventually be split out. so we have:
config.xml
virtualhosts/localhost.xml
virtualhosts/test.xml

I'd also like to see a lot of items removed from config.xml the whole
advanced section for example. There is no need for a user to tweak
these values and more chance they will break something. The items that
they may want JMSXUserID and BufferCompression(perhaps not) could be
factored in elsewhere. Perhaps per virtualhost or even per queue.

Cheers
Martin

--
Martin Ritchie