qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A unified shell script for running qpid java broker on unix systems
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 09:08:58 GMT
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Rajith Attapattu <rajith77@gmail.com> wrote:

> We can write a new ctl script that covers that functionality and can live
> along side the older scripts.

We really don't need more duplication on this project, and I don't see
the need for an entirely new startup/shutdown mechanism. There might
be value in adding a --stop to qpid-server, and there's definately
something to be said for having an LSB-compliant init script. I don't
see what value implementing Yet Another Startup Script has, and it's
not like fooctl is standardised, massively more useful than what we
have or even particularly common.

- Aidan
http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/
each other."