qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Marnie McCormack" <marnie.mccorm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: GSoC - Lahiru's CLI for JMX
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 16:29:32 GMT
Hi Lahiru,

Martin & Aidan & I are just discussing your project and here are some of our
thoughts:

- so we need a command line with options. Aidan suggests it looks like this:

I was thinking something like

$ qpid-admin --list-queues
queue-1
queue-2
queue-3

$ qpid-admin --queue-info queue-1
Depth: 1 Count: 1 Subscribers: 0

$ qpid-admin --queue-info --depth queue-1
1

for timed reports for alerting you could put that in cron, or use
watch for top/vmstat-esque action. I think it's probably a more
natural interface than editing a properties file and would be
something that we could apply to the C++ broker as well, which would
be nice. Plus, it's quite UNIXy and lets people leverage things like
awk.

- I'd also like it to be configurable using a properties file, but it's
probably worth getting list views on this for consensus

- I think you're mainly on the right track, but I'd focus more on the
useful attributes we expose rather than all variables of the objects

Rgds,
Marnie