qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Godfrey" <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persistent messages sent non blocking
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 20:29:01 GMT
2008/5/28 TLFox <timvolpe@googlemail.com>:

> There is one other thing I don't quite understand.
>
> The persistent message send rate with qpid i get is about 16K messages /
> sec.
>
> I understand now that the messages are sent asynchronously, but I'm thinking
> this must also imply that, not only are the messages sent asynchronously but
> also they are not synced into BDB on every message (I'm guessing you're just
> writing into the BDB in memory cache), since I know there's know way BDB JE
> can do 16K syncs per sec.

We synch on every message received (we do write-combine the synchs
when there are many different threads receiving messages
"simultaneously").  However what you are more likely seeing is that
the client buffers writes before putting them on the wire.  The broker
will not be processing at 16K message/s

-- Rob