qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "lahiru gunathilake" <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Debug the Java broker using Idea
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 03:50:47 GMT
hi Wai,

Thanks Wai and I found the axact main class and now know what's going on.
On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Wai Yang Yap <waiyang@quince.nl> wrote:

> Hi Lahiru,
>
> It seems that it cannot create the directory log with the files
> alert.log and qpid.log. Can you create the directory and possibly the
> rights to directory to create the files?

Yep I did that and now it gives me an error about log4j.
Also at the end it is giving you an error "Property ${QPID_HOME} has not

> been set". Maybe you have to add this to your path.

Did this but still giving me that exception. :-(
This exception is thrown inside the log4j class and I couldn't find what is
the issue.

2008-06-18 09:16:47,449 ERROR [main] server.Main (Main.java:206) - Error
configuring message broker:
org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException: Property
${QPID_HOME} has not been set
org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException: Property
${QPID_HOME} has not been set
    at
org.apache.qpid.server.security.auth.database.ConfigurationFilePrincipalDatabaseManager.initialisePrincipalDatabase(ConfigurationFilePrincipalDatabaseManager.java:159)
    at
org.apache.qpid.server.security.auth.database.ConfigurationFilePrincipalDatabaseManager.initialisePrincipalDatabases(ConfigurationFilePrincipalDatabaseManager.java:88)
    at
org.apache.qpid.server.security.auth.database.ConfigurationFilePrincipalDatabaseManager.<init>(ConfigurationFilePrincipalDatabaseManager.java:56)
    at
org.apache.qpid.server.registry.ConfigurationFileApplicationRegistry.initialise(ConfigurationFileApplicationRegistry.java:112)
    at
org.apache.qpid.server.registry.ApplicationRegistry.initialise(ApplicationRegistry.java:97)
    at
org.apache.qpid.server.registry.ApplicationRegistry.initialise(ApplicationRegistry.java:85)
    at org.apache.qpid.server.Main.startup(Main.java:263)
    at org.apache.qpid.server.Main.execute(Main.java:195)
    at org.apache.qpid.server.Main.<init>(Main.java:95)
    at org.apache.qpid.server.Main.main(Main.java:457)
    at
    at
    at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:90)
Caused by: org.apache.qpid.configuration.PropertyException: Property
${QPID_HOME} has not been set
    at
org.apache.qpid.configuration.PropertyUtils.replaceProperties(PropertyUtils.java:83)
    at
org.apache.qpid.server.security.auth.database.ConfigurationFilePrincipalDatabaseManager.initialisePrincipalDatabase(ConfigurationFilePrincipalDatabaseManager.java:149)
    ... 14 more

Can anybody help me.

Regards
lahiru