qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "lahiru gunathilake" <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSoC - Lahiru's CLI for JMX
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 02:52:57 GMT
hi Martin and Aidan,

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Martin Ritchie <ritchiem@apache.org> wrote:

> 2008/6/26 lahiru gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com>:
> > Hi Marnie,
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Marnie McCormack <
> > marnie.mccormack@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Lahiru,
> >>
> >> I think the ability to list the following would be helpful:
> >>
> >> - virtualhosts
> >> - connections (with originating IP)
> >
> > Still going through the qpid code to find why ProtocolSessionMBean is not
> > registered. Although It's has been instrumented that code is not running
> > when server starts. I'm trying figure that out :-(
>
> The AMQProtocolSessionMBeans are created and registered when a client
> connects. If you don't have a connected client then you will not see
> them in JConsole.

If you connect up JConsole and look at the org.apache.qpid MBeans a

> Virtualhost.Connection tree should appear when you connect a client.

Exactly it works fine I ran the client like this with M2 broker
 ./runSample.sh
org.apache.qpid.example.subscriber.MonitoredSubscriptionWrapper
Thanks Martin for the instruction :-)

And hopefully It showed me the VirtualHost.Connection MBean.

Aidan, as I told you I was able to implement the support for Connection
objects  and tested the command by running clients and it works fine :-) and
committed the code in to SVN. Now I will start on writing tests for all the
methods.

Regards
Lahiru