qpid-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Wai Yang Yap" <waiy...@quince.nl>
Subject RE: Debug the Java broker using Idea
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 07:16:50 GMT
Hi Lahiru,

Do you know the line number where the problem occurred?
Or is that the stacktrace below?

Best regards,

Wai Yang

>hi Wai,

>Thanks Wai and I found the axact main class and now know what's going
on.
>On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Wai Yang Yap <waiyang@quince.nl>
wrote:

>> Hi Lahiru,
>>
>> It seems that it cannot create the directory log with the files
>> alert.log and qpid.log. Can you create the directory and possibly the
>> rights to directory to create the files?

>Yep I did that and now it gives me an error about log4j.
>Also at the end it is giving you an error "Property ${QPID_HOME} has
not

>> been set". Maybe you have to add this to your path.

>Did this but still giving me that exception. :-(
>This exception is thrown inside the log4j class and I couldn't find
what is
>the issue.
=======================================================================

2008-06-18 09:16:47,449 ERROR [main] server.Main (Main.java:206) - Error
configuring message broker:
org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException: Property
${QPID_HOME} has not been set
org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException: Property
${QPID_HOME} has not been set
    at
org.apache.qpid.server.security.auth.database.ConfigurationFilePrincipal
DatabaseManager.initialisePrincipalDatabase(ConfigurationFilePrincipalDa
tabaseManager.java:159)
    at
org.apache.qpid.server.security.auth.database.ConfigurationFilePrincipal
DatabaseManager.initialisePrincipalDatabases(ConfigurationFilePrincipalD
atabaseManager.java:88)
    at
org.apache.qpid.server.security.auth.database.ConfigurationFilePrincipal
DatabaseManager.<init>(ConfigurationFilePrincipalDatabaseManager.java:56
)
    at
org.apache.qpid.server.registry.ConfigurationFileApplicationRegistry.ini
tialise(ConfigurationFileApplicationRegistry.java:112)
    at
org.apache.qpid.server.registry.ApplicationRegistry.initialise(Applicati
onRegistry.java:97)
    at
org.apache.qpid.server.registry.ApplicationRegistry.initialise(Applicati
onRegistry.java:85)
    at org.apache.qpid.server.Main.startup(Main.java:263)
    at org.apache.qpid.server.Main.execute(Main.java:195)
    at org.apache.qpid.server.Main.<init>(Main.java:95)
    at org.apache.qpid.server.Main.main(Main.java:457)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.jav
a:39)
    at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessor
Impl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    at
com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:90)
Caused by: org.apache.qpid.configuration.PropertyException: Property
${QPID_HOME} has not been set
    at
org.apache.qpid.configuration.PropertyUtils.replaceProperties(PropertyUt
ils.java:83)
    at
org.apache.qpid.server.security.auth.database.ConfigurationFilePrincipal
DatabaseManager.initialisePrincipalDatabase(ConfigurationFilePrincipalDa
tabaseManager.java:149)
    ... 14 more

Can anybody help me.

Regards
lahiru

>
>
> Best regards
>
> Wai Yang
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: lahiru gunathilake [mailto:glahiru@gmail.com]
> Sent: dinsdag 17 juni 2008 16:04
> To: qpid-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Debug the Java broker using Idea
>
> hi Devs,
>
> I want to debug the broker using Idea and here's what I did,
>
> 1. I ran mvn idea:idea to build idea project and open the project in
> idea
> and build it using idea.
> 2. It builds successfully but there are some Warnings. And now I want
to
> start the broker and debug  using idea. But I couldn't find what is
the
> main
> file to run it.
> 3. I found there's a main file in this location
> luster/src/main/java/org/apache/qpid/server/cluster/Main.java Is that
> the
> main file you are running when we run the script qpid-server script.
> 4. When I run that file it gives this message
> File etc/config.xml could not be found. Check the file exists and is
> readable.
> Note: QPID_HOME is not set. (But i have already set the QPID_HOME
> environment variable. (I'm successfully running the broker in
> console).So I
> change the code and hardcoded the QpidHome variable. And it throws an
> Exception like this.
>
========================================================================
> ==================
> log4j:ERROR setFile(null,false) call failed.
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: /log/alert.log (No such file or
> directory)
>    at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
>    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:179)
>    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:102)
>    at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.setFile(FileAppender.java:289)
>    at
> org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.activateOptions(FileAppender.java:163)
>    at
>
org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.activate(PropertySetter.java:256)
>    at
>
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseAppender(DOMConfigurator.java:
> 220)
>    at
>
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.findAppenderByName(DOMConfigurator.
> java:150)
>    at
>
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.findAppenderByReference(DOMConfigur
> ator.java:163)
>    at
>
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseChildrenOfLoggerElement(DOMCon
> figurator.java:425)
>    at
>
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseCategory(DOMConfigurator.java:
> 345)
>    at
> org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parse(DOMConfigurator.java:827)
>    at
>
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java:71
> 2)
>    at
>
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java:60
> 4)
>    at
>
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.configure(DOMConfigurator.java:733)
>    at org.apache.qpid.server.Main.configureLogging(Main.java:512)
>    at org.apache.qpid.server.Main.startup(Main.java:252)
>    at org.apache.qpid.server.Main.execute(Main.java:195)
>    at org.apache.qpid.server.Main.<init>(Main.java:95)
>    at org.apache.qpid.server.Main.main(Main.java:456)
>    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>    at
>
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.jav
> a:39)
>    at
>
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessor
> Impl.java:25)
>    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>    at
> com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:90)
> log4j:ERROR setFile(null,false) call failed.
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: /log/qpid.log (No such file or
directory)
>    at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
>    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:179)
>    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:102)
>    at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.setFile(FileAppender.java:289)
>    at
> org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.activateOptions(FileAppender.java:163)
>    at
>
org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.activate(PropertySetter.java:256)
>    at
>
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseAppender(DOMConfigurator.java:
> 220)
>    at
>
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.findAppenderByName(DOMConfigurator.
> java:150)
>    at
>
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.findAppenderByReference(DOMConfigur
> ator.java:163)
>    at
>
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseChildrenOfLoggerElement(DOMCon
> figurator.java:425)
>    at
>
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseRoot(DOMConfigurator.java:394)
>    at
> org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parse(DOMConfigurator.java:829)
>    at
>
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java:71
> 2)
>     at
>
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java:60
> 4)
>    at
>
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.configure(DOMConfigurator.java:733)
>    at org.apache.qpid.server.Main.configureLogging(Main.java:512)
>    at org.apache.qpid.server.Main.startup(Main.java:252)
>    at org.apache.qpid.server.Main.execute(Main.java:195)
>    at org.apache.qpid.server.Main.<init>(Main.java:95)
>    at org.apache.qpid.server.Main.main(Main.java:456)
>    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>    at
>
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.jav
> a:39)
>    at
>
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessor
> Impl.java:25)
>    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>    at
> com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:90)
> Error configuring message broker:
> org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException: Property
> ${QPID_HOME} has not been set
> org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException: Property
> ${QPID_HOME} has not been set
>    at
>
org.apache.qpid.server.security.auth.database.ConfigurationFilePrincipal
>
DatabaseManager.initialisePrincipalDatabase(ConfigurationFilePrincipalDa
> tabaseManager.java:159)
>    at
>
org.apache.qpid.server.security.auth.database.ConfigurationFilePrincipal
>
DatabaseManager.initialisePrincipalDatabases(ConfigurationFilePrincipalD
> atabaseManager.java:88)
>    at
>
org.apache.qpid.server.security.auth.database.ConfigurationFilePrincipal
>
DatabaseManager.<init>(ConfigurationFilePrincipalDatabaseManager.java:56
> )
>    at
>
org.apache.qpid.server.registry.ConfigurationFileApplicationRegistry.ini
> tialise(ConfigurationFileApplicationRegistry.java:112)
>    at
>
org.apache.qpid.server.registry.ApplicationRegistry.initialise(Applicati
> onRegistry.java:97)
>    at
>
org.apache.qpid.server.registry.ApplicationRegistry.initialise(Applicati
> onRegistry.java:85)
>    at org.apache.qpid.server.Main.startup(Main.java:262)
>    at org.apache.qpid.server.Main.execute(Main.java:195)
>    at org.apache.qpid.server.Main.<init>(Main.java:95)
>    at org.apache.qpid.server.Main.main(Main.java:456)
>    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>    at
>
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.jav
> a:39)
>    at
>
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessor
> Impl.java:25)
>    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>    at
> com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:90)
> Caused by: org.apache.qpid.configuration.PropertyException: Property
> ${QPID_HOME} has not been set
>    at
>
org.apache.qpid.configuration.PropertyUtils.replaceProperties(PropertyUt
> ils.java:83)
>    at
>
org.apache.qpid.server.security.auth.database.ConfigurationFilePrincipal
>
DatabaseManager.initialisePrincipalDatabase(ConfigurationFilePrincipalDa
> tabaseManager.java:149)
>    ... 14 more
> 2008-06-17 19:29:47,612 ERROR [main] server.Main (Main.java:206) -
Error
> configuring message broker:
> org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException: Property
> ${QPID_HOME} has not been set
>
========================================================================
> =============
>
> Can anybody help me to figure this out..
>
> Regards
> Lahiru
>
>
> Wai Yang Yap | quince
> ------------------------------------------
> mobile
> e-mail  waiyang@quince.nl
> web     www.quince.nl
> ------------------------------------------
> assumburg 73
> 1081 gb amsterdam
> the netherlands
> tel: +31 (0)20 3471000
> fax:+31 (0)20 3471005
>
>
> Nederlands:
> Dit bericht kan vertrouwelijke informatie bevatten. Indien u niet de
> geadresseerde van dit bericht bent, verzoeken wij u dit bericht te
> vernietigen zonder van de inhoud kennis te nemen en de inhoud ervan
niet te
> gebruiken, niet te kopieren en niet onder derden te verspreiden.
Quince is
> een handelsnaam die wordt gevoerd door Quince B.V. te Amsterdam.
> Op alle werkzaamheden zijn de algemene voorwaarden van Quince B.V. van
> toepassing. Daarin is in artikel 11 een beperking van
aansprakelijkheid
> opgenomen. De voorwaarden worden op verzoek kosteloos toegezonden. De
> voorwaarden zijn ook na te lezen op
> http://www.quince.nl/algemenevoorwaarden
>
> English:
> This message may contain information that is privileged or
confidential. If
> you are not the named addressee of this message, please destroy it
without
> reading, using, copying or disclosing its contents to any other
person.
> Quince is a trade name of Quince B.V. with its office in Amsterdam.
> All services are governed by the general terms and conditions of
Quince
> B.V. which contain a limitation of liability in article 11. A free
copy of
> the general terms and conditions will be provided upon request. The
> conditions can also be read on http://www.quince.nl/termsandconditions
>
>


Wai Yang Yap | quince
------------------------------------------
mobile  
e-mail  waiyang@quince.nl
web     www.quince.nl
------------------------------------------
assumburg 73
1081 gb amsterdam
the netherlands
tel: +31 (0)20 3471000
fax:+31 (0)20 3471005


Nederlands:
Dit bericht kan vertrouwelijke informatie bevatten. Indien u niet de geadresseerde van dit
bericht bent, verzoeken wij u dit bericht te vernietigen zonder van de inhoud kennis te nemen
en de inhoud ervan niet te gebruiken, niet te kopieren en niet onder derden te verspreiden.
Quince is een handelsnaam die wordt gevoerd door Quince B.V. te Amsterdam.
Op alle werkzaamheden zijn de algemene voorwaarden van Quince B.V. van toepassing. Daarin
is in artikel 11 een beperking van aansprakelijkheid opgenomen. De voorwaarden worden op verzoek
kosteloos toegezonden. De voorwaarden zijn ook na te lezen op http://www.quince.nl/algemenevoorwaarden

English:
This message may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the
named addressee of this message, please destroy it without reading, using, copying or disclosing
its contents to any other person. Quince is a trade name of Quince B.V. with its office in
Amsterdam.
All services are governed by the general terms and conditions of Quince B.V. which contain
a limitation of liability in article 11. A free copy of the general terms and conditions will
be provided upon request. The conditions can also be read on http://www.quince.nl/termsandconditions


Mime
View raw message