qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest site
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 19:30:25 GMT
On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com> wrote:

> Had a brief look. it looks like only the one brokers info is navigated from
> the left hand side menu, I
> guess this is because it is from the old export of confluence, however once
> you have generated one
> of a new export we might want to also better organize the layout. And yes,

It's totally a work in progress atm.

> it is going to need some
> art etc :-)

It really, really does. I am not the person to look too on that front though ;)

> BTW, what is involved in editing the site?

It's dead easy, first install forrest from
http://forrest.apache.org/mirrors.cgi untar it and set FORREST_HOME to
it's location, and add $FORREST_HOME/bin to $PATH

Then svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/qpid/branches/forrest-site/
and run 'forrest run' to start the built in jetty server, which you
can view at localhost:8888. I prefer that way for actually working on
it since it reflects updates. You can also use the site target to
generate a static html version, which is what I uploaded.

(those of you who had checkouts of this previously, sorry, I busted you)

- Aidan
http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/
each other."