qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: First tests on the ECFPoller
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 20:32:53 GMT
On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Andrew Stitcher <astitcher@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 17:23 +0100, Aidan Skinner wrote:

>> Just a random aside, I think it would be really useful for this if you
>> could all get an a git repo set up so you can integrate your patches
>> as you go. I believe github.com maybe be able to help with hosting,
>> and several other Apache projects (such as buildr) are already
>
> I've been personally using a git repo synchronised from the svn master
> for all my work for some time now and I thoroughly recommend it for
> exactly this kind of task.

Me too, it's much nicer for general hackery.

> I'll see if I can find a way to make it available outside Red Hat.

That would be awesome. I think github can be made to sync, but I don't know.

> Perhaps we can persuade Apache that they ought to host git as well.

This occasionally comes up, centralised VCS is important to
maintaining quality. Or something. Also the costs in moving might be
quite high. I'm quite happy with git-on-svn, although having somewhere
to publish random branches too would be awesome.

- Aidan

http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/
each other."