qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Random .Net question
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 13:11:14 GMT
On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Robert Greig <robert.j.greig@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/6/4 Aidan Skinner <aidan@apache.org>:
>
>> Interestingly, hardcoding the password to the key used in test case 3
>> also fails. &'ing the password with 0x7f  on both sides allows it to
>> work...
>
> What exactly isn't returning what you expect? Are you testing that the
> HMACMD5 class in .NET returns the same MAC as the corresponding Mac
> class in Java for a given key and value?

The classes do when used directly, but not when called from the SASL
CRAM-MD5 implementation. I've been digging through the OpenJDK source
but haven't yet come up with a reason why. I suspect we're doing
something broken somewhere in our implementation, possibly to do with
collapsing or not collapsing keys > 64 bytes.

- Aidan
http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/
each other."