qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Random .Net question
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 16:00:17 GMT
On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Aidan Skinner <aidan@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 2:11 PM, Aidan Skinner <aidan@apache.org> wrote:

Replying to myself this much is clearly a sign of madness.

>> The classes do when used directly, but not when called from the SASL
>> CRAM-MD5 implementation. I've been digging through the OpenJDK source

> I tried the following bit of python as a tie breaker:

> And it produces the same answer as the .Net implementation, and
> differs from the brokers implementation.

The java impl of SASL is broken. It converst the char[] to a  String,
then calls getBytes(), which is clearly insane and *adds data*.

The hash for guest goes in as:

0x08, 0x4e, 0x03, 0x43,
0xa0, 0x48, 0x6f, 0xf0,
0x55, 0x30, 0xdf, 0x6c,
0x70, 0x5c, 0x8b, 0xb4

and comes out as:

0x08,0x4e,0x03,0x43,
0xc2,0xa0,0x48,0x6f,
0xc3,0xb0,0x55,0x30,
0xc3,0x9f,0x6c,0x70,
0x5c,0xc2,0x8b,0xc2,
0xb4

Which not only inserts data, but munges bits of it as well.

- Aidan
http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/
each other."