qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Random .Net question
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 16:34:22 GMT
On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Robert Greig <robert.j.greig@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/6/4 Aidan Skinner <aidan@apache.org>:
>
>> The hash for guest goes in as:
>
> Is this supposed to be digest that is the last 16 bytes of the client
> response? (i.e. the bit after the username and space).

No, this is the digest of the password that's used as the key to the
HMAC to create that digest.

I've attached a small snippet that I'm going to work into a proper
test case for when I file the bug, the output should be
ff724187be5f9d4df6fd93a7dce660c9

In the meantime, i'm going to implement Digest-MD5 instead since that
has knobs to twiddle that control the password character encoding.

- Aidan

http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/
each other."