qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How is the project going?
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 20:25:31 GMT
Is that normative yet? I'm totally willing to accept that interpreting
the password as utf8  is the Right Thing, but the link other rob
posted is still a draft and things like twisted and cyrus don't
implement it yet. Wonderful thing about standards, so many to choose
from.

On 6/4/08, Robert Greig <robert.j.greig@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/6/4 Robert Greig <robert.j.greig@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> I've attached a small snippet that I'm going to work into a proper
>>> test case for when I file the bug, the output should be
>>> ff724187be5f9d4df6fd93a7dce660c9
>>
>> In your sample program, why do you convert your password into UTF-8
>> bytes - which makes your byte array 21 bytes long due to the
>> particular chars you chose?
>>
>> If you encode into an 8 bit characterset like ISO-8859-1 you get the
>> result you expect.
>
> My turn to reply to myself - UTF-8 is apparently the recommended
> approach now for encoding
> (http://www.imc.org/ietf-sasl/mail-archive/msg00517.html).
>
> So I would argue that the 21 byte array is right and that the output
> should not be as you suggest above?
>
> RG

aim/y!:aidans42  g:aidan.skinner@gmail.com
http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/