qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SASL (was Re: Random .Net question)
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 09:12:52 GMT
On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 8:20 AM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:

> Aidan Skinner wrote:
>>
>> Just a thought, but what does / will the C++ broker do? I'm loathe to
>> fix this only to find that the .Net client can auth to one broker but
>> not the other.
>
> Whatever Cyrus does. The next job on the c++ side is hooking the client up
> to cyrus at which point hopefully we can test out all the implemented
> mechanisms.
>
> Does the 0-10 java client support CRAM-MD5? If so we could probably test
> whether that works against c++ now as the broker should be able to support
> it.

I believe it does, although this bug/difference of interpretation
wouldn't manifest itself for any sane password (it only happens with
certain high characters). I've had a look through the SASL source and
it doesn't seem to do anything funky with the password inside itself.
What do you read the password in as?

As an aside, do you support hashed password files?

- Aidan
http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/
each other."