qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Integrating early and often
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 09:01:20 GMT
On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Martin Ritchie <ritchiem@apache.org> wrote:

> git-port repository. We do need to make absolutely sure that all code
> coming from is either brought in via JIRA attached patches or we try
> and ensure all the commiters there have a signed ICLA. It is great

I don't see why the git repo makes a difference here, you'd need a
commit bit to push to svn anyway (and we would have done the ICLA/CCLA
stuff there) or patches would need to be comitted having come through
during Jira. The git repo is, from a copyright PoV, a fork outside the
ASF.

If people are going to be contributing large chunks of code, it's
worth getting an ICLA on file for them no matter what route into
svn.apache.org they take.

- Aidan
http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/
each other."