qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest site
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 09:08:14 GMT
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Jonathan Robie
<jonathan.robie@redhat.com> wrote:

> I think getting some of the new materials up is a high priority - Senaka has
> written some really useful documentation, and I think the tutorials Red Hat
> donated are also useful. Can the work be distributed somehow so more than
> one person can work on the site, and we can divide up responsibilities and
> work in parallel?

Yeah, the first step is probably to re-export from confluence and add
in the new material to the navigation in
src/documentation/content/xdocs/site.xml

> Does Forrest allow the same level of access as the Wiki? How will people
> make changes? What features are there for reviewing changes?  Could we use
> part of the meeting on Monday to discuss how we get what materials up?

It's easier to get an account to edit, since you only need
comittership (not comittership+confluence bit). Changes are checked
into svn, and could be reviewed as part of the code review process
(ie. qpid-commits and the meetings).

> What timing would you suggest for having this up and running publicly?

ASAP, although I'm currently very limited in what time I can devote to
this. I'd like to aim for end of the month, but I don't know how
realistic that is given my other comittments atm.

- Aidan
http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/
each other."