qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Integrating early and often
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 09:53:39 GMT
On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Martin Ritchie <ritchiem@apache.org> wrote:

> I'm all for the git repo. (just wish we had a full repo including the
> branches so we can do easy merging :)) but at this point I'd still be
> looking for patches on JIRAs rather than pushing directly from git.
> Though I'm sure the svn commit log isn't necessarily going to identify
> the commit as coming from the git repo.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, this (patches from non-comitters coming in
through Jira) is what I would expect too. The git repo is basically a
staging area and integration point before we persue the normal process
for landing patches, and shouldn't be used to circumvent normal
procedure.

- Aidan

http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/
each other."