qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: M3 and some community clean-up
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:55:17 GMT
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 4:27 PM, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com> wrote:

> Aidan Skinner wrote:

> Time box is good/better. The trunk is quite good currently. If we take this
> route
> do we want to declare trunk open for say 4 more weeks, than we call that the
> freeze
> date for M3? 4 weeks being a random number I pulled from the air.

That sounds like a plan to me, I'm not sure about 4 weeks more on
trunk, that would put us releasing around the end of August, but I'm
sure others will want to weigh in on this.

I'd also like to discuss a slightly different source management
process from last time (one that keeps trunk open for hacking at all
times), but let's talk about that once a release manager's been
volunteered since it will mainly affect them.

> Sounds good. I would however like to clean JIRA up a bit regardless to make
> it easier for
> those new on the project.

Oh, we are sorely in need of a bug day or similar. Partychat is
probably the place to do it rather than phone though, those things get
interminable and there's rarely more than one or two people invovled
at once.

- Aidan
http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/
each other."