qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest site
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 09:40:37 GMT
On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 9:00 AM, Marnie McCormack
<marnie.mccormack@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Has there been a discussion about how we restructure from the Java/C++ pov
> at all (apologies if I've missed it) ? So, currently there are n paths
> through the docs, one per implementation (more or less). Are we going to
> keep this distinction - i think it's useful.If not, then I guesswe need to
> rename our docs once exported to make their applicability clearer.

There was some discussion about this, I believe Johnathon and Danushka
are going to mind map it out. We also talked about splitting it into
About (Overview, FAQ etc.), Developers (API, Programming Tutorials...)
and Users (Downloads, Installation, Management type stuff) sections so
that it flows better.

> I'd also propose (and I'll try to make Thursday's call) that we review the
> docs we have before we get too much further.

My main task at the moment with docs is doing that so I can start
getting a grip on the confluence export I took on Friday and making
sure that's all navigable.

- Aidan
http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/
each other."