qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: M3 and some community clean-up
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 16:19:21 GMT
On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 4:23 PM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:

> I certainly agree with the timeboxing approach in general. My one concern is
> the interoperability or lack thereof between the components of a release. A
> plan for achieving that in some form would be good to reach, even if it goes
> out past M3.

AFAIK, the current supportable interop matrix looks like this:

Client/Broker            Java(0-8,0-9)  C++ (0-10)
C++  (0-10)                     X                   Y
Ruby (0-10)                    X                   Y
Java  (0-8,0-9,0-10)       Y                   Y
.Net   (0-8)                      Y                   X
Python (0-10)                 X                   Y

(Gmail may have knackered my tabling here, couldn't figure out how to
get a fixed font)

with a caveat that the Java client on trunk is a little busted
regarding protocol negotiation, but that should be quite fixable for
M3.

I would also like to get more coverage with that, making the .Net and
the Java broker speak 0-10 would seem the obvious next steps and would
fill both columns with Y. That's a sizeable chunk of work,
particularly for the broker though, and I'd be surprised if it could
be fitted into the sort of M3 timeframe we're talking about.

- Aidan
http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/
each other."