qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fortnight report (week 3-4)
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:00:38 GMT
On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 5:35 AM, lahiru gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have gone through the qpid code last couple of days and able to understand
> the management code.If I am suppose to instrument some more objects which
> haven't already instrumented Now I'm in a possition to implement those
> things in Qpid code but I have no idea how should I do that. Do I have to do
> the modification and raise a Jira and attach the patch or what should I
> do(at the moment I'm working on M3 ).

Raise a Jira and attach the patch, remember to click the grant box and
I'll review and commit ASAP.

> > If I can't think like that there are some objects which are registered in
> > the code but that code doesn't execute when normal server start happens. (Am
> > I correct ?) So could you please tell me how should I run that particular
> > code.
>
> In here I'm talking about the AMQProtocolSessionMBean class which is
> instrumented but not shown in the jconsole. If somebody can answer that
> would be really useful for me.

You should be able to get at them through the managed object registry.
I'm not sure why JConsole isn't showing them, they use the register()
method in DefaultManagedObject to get themselves in there. Are they
accessable through the VirtualHost once the connection has been
established?

- Aidan
http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/
each other."