qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Source management for releases
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:17:28 GMT
On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 5:08 PM, Rafael Schloming <rafaels@redhat.com> wrote:

[snippage]

> This model does close down trunk for radical new feature development when a
> release occurs, but I would hope that the need to do radical new feature
> development during a release is an exception, not the rule, and in that case
> I think it's reasonable for the feature development to be done on a branch.
> Certainly if no such feature development is happening it would be nice to
> avoid the additional merge overhead of branching *before* stabilizing.

I'm down with this, especially given the wonder that is git so people
can still hack on new features, put them up somewhere and track trunk
without it actually needing to go into a release. If I can find time
this weekend I'm going to push a whole-history copy of qpid to
gitorious so that it can be cloned by one and all.

- Aidan
http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid