qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Source management for releases
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:30:39 GMT
On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 4:18 PM, Andrew Stitcher <astitcher@redhat.com> wrote:

> I've created a full history git mirror of _trunk_ and I could rsync that
> anywhere you like to save the time of creating this again.

I already have it, thanks though :) If you know of somewhere it can be
pushed to that will allow push over http that'd be awesome, I think
gitorious only allows cloning.

> I tried to use git svn to deal with the branch histories as well but I
> couldn't make it work.

I have one with all the branches, and most of the tags (it didn't like
our tags/foo/bar structure much) right.

> When I first created this it took about 5 hours (overnight) to pull the
> entire history.

yeah, it wasn't quick for me either, but is *totally* worth it.

- Aidan
http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid