qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Tomas Restrepo" <tomas.restr...@devdeo.com>
Subject Re: Random .Net question
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 16:16:18 GMT
Aidan,

> So, I'm trying to fix QPID-1058 and add CRAM-MD5-HASHED support to the
> .Net client. I'm having a bit of a problem, which I think is due to
> the signed vs unsigned nature of byte in java and C#.
>
> If I force the key bytes to be within the range 0-127 all is well, but
> if they go higher of lower then I start getting different outputs from
> the HMAC, which is a bit perturbing.
>
> Don't suppouse anybodys come across something similar before have they?

Might this be an encoding issue? I.e. how are the bytes for
calculating the initial hash derived from the plain-text password
provided by the caller? The encoding should certainly match on both
sides, otherwise the byte-representation will differ and the hash
won't match.... Just a thought.

--
Tomas Restrepo
http://winterdom.com/weblog/