qpid-dev mailing list archives

From michael goulish <mgoul...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Buillding C++ on RHEL4
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 19:24:05 GMT

On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 16:31 +0100, Aidan Skinner wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 9:31 PM, michael goulish <mgoulish@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 16:18 -0400, michael goulish wrote:
> >

> >> OK -- attached please find "rhel4_goodies.tar.gz"
> >> It has a README file in it -- but here's the README file:
> >>

> > I just made a JIRA for this and attached the same tar.gz file.
> > It is QPID-1162 .
>
> That's awesome, thanks! Any chance of getting those comitted to trunk?
> I'd rather not have to run the unit tests against a patched build if
> it's avoidable...
>
> - Aidan

Aidan --

Sadly, I do not have the Power to Commit.

Also. there are a couple things that the patch does that you committers
will want to consider.

  1. it removes -Werror from configure.ac, so the boost warnings don't
cause errors.

  2. it has some icky options-processing code that I wrote because the
Boost options processing package in 1.32 was buggier than a ten-dollar
motel room.

Well, maybe not *that* bad, but it had no concept of letting you say
"don't worry about unknown options".  That meant that the idea of
sets of program-options -- didn't work very well.  Didn't work at all.

So please consider those facts, and then you committers decide.  ( I
would be thrilled. )