qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Greig" <robert.j.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Branching
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 21:48:31 GMT
2008/7/3 Rafael Schloming <rafaels@redhat.com>:

> As you may know my employer recently released MRG 1.0 based on Qpid. I'm
> sure I speak for everyone at Red Hat when I say many thanks to all the
> contributors who have put in so much hard work on Qpid.

Congratulations!

> I think it might be useful to create a branch against these revisions in
> Apache SVN, since they do represent a fairly stable cross section of trunk,

Do you mean a branch or really just a tag? Do you plan on patching on
that branch?

> and at some point if we have people who picked up qpid through fedora asking
> questions, it might be handy to be able to easily reference the code they
> are running.

I don't have a problem with this. Transitively, MRG usres are qpid
users. Are you planning on doing a MRG 1.1. release to reflect Apache
M3 or are you not going to attempt to track the Apache releases?

RG