qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <rafa...@redhat.com>
Subject Branching
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 21:22:22 GMT
Hey Qpid-dev,

As you may know my employer recently released MRG 1.0 based on Qpid. I'm
sure I speak for everyone at Red Hat when I say many thanks to all the
contributors who have put in so much hard work on Qpid.

The packages we've released are built from the following revisions of trunk:

qpid/specs: 666398
qpid/python: 668378
qpid/gentools: 668333
qpid/java: 668333
qpid/cpp: 667603

RPMs for these revisions should be available through fedora as well.

I think it might be useful to create a branch against these revisions in
Apache SVN, since they do represent a fairly stable cross section of
trunk, and at some point if we have people who picked up qpid through
fedora asking questions, it might be handy to be able to easily
reference the code they are running.

I didn't want to just go ahead and do this though without checking if
such a branch is appropriate and/or welcomed by the community. So if you
have strong opinions on this, please let me know.

--Rafael