qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <rafa...@redhat.com>
Subject excessive logging from qpid-run
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:52:55 GMT
I recently noticed that the qpid-run script echoes lots of stuff as it
starts things up. This can be quite confusing and annoying when using it
to run simple command-line utilities since the command output is dwarfed
by the amount of stuff echoed by qpid-run.

Would anyone object if I remove these echo statements? There are already
several options that can be used to see precisely the java command and
classpath used to launch the target program:

Usage: qpid-run ... [-run:<option>] ...

     -run:debug
         print the classpath and command before running it

     -run:jpda
         adds debugging options to the java command, use
         JDPA_TRANSPORT and JPDA_ADDRESS to customize the debugging
         behavior and use JPDA_OPTS to override it entirely

     -run:external-classpath=<value>
         controls how the CLASSPATH environment variable is used by
         this script, value can be one of ignore (the default), first,
         last, and only

     -run:print-classpath
         print the classpath

     -run:print-command