qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "lahiru gunathilake" <lah...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoC - Lahiru's CLI for JMX
Date Sat, 26 Jul 2008 07:50:17 GMT
Hi Aidan,

I have implemented list and info command as you asked yesterday but I didn't
change documentations and --help options since I want to have a look from
you.It works like this,

queue list  < list all the queue objects with *limited number of attributes*

queue list -n ping  < list all the ping objects with the name of ping but
with *limited number of attributes*>

you can change object type like this

exchange list and exchange list -n direct these do the same thing with
exchange type objects.

Info command also works very similar to this only different is it display
all the attributes of a particular object.

queue info <list all the attributes of all the queue objects >

Do you thing this is useful because you said info command normally display
all the information of a single object but here when user run the command
without -n option there are so many queue objects.So if you want me to avoid
listing so many objects I can do that....

queue info -n ping

This list the queue object with the name of ping with *all the attributes.
*
Could you please have a look and comment on the current implementation :-)

Thanks in advance
Lahiru

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 12:57 PM, lahiru gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Aidan,
>
> I just so those issues you have raised and I got an answer for my question
> and implemented the new list command without verbose. I will be committing
> my code could you please have a look at list command.
> And about the connection object, It won't work as if you just start the
> broker without running clients since when you normally run client no
> connection mbeans is gonna register. So please check that with a client and
> there was  a thread on that and I have mentioned what clients to run to
> monitor connection on that thread.
>
> And next thing is the history thing, For me the arrow keys are working and
> I can get previous commands using arrow keys.
>
> I will be working on tab thing and will allow users to complete the command
> using arrow keys.
>
> Thanks
> Lahiru
>

> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:39 AM, lahiru gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Aidan,
>> I was trying to implement the new list displaying method and it works fine
>> but i have a big problem with queue objects. When I'm trying to list all the
>> attribute name in to a single line as you said last time but it is very long
>> when it comes to queue object, so how you want me to list queue object.
>>
>> Could you please tell me why do we write a same thing simply differ with
>> the way it display the information with another command ( list and info).
>>
>> Regards
>> Lahiru
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 8:22 AM, lahiru gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Can someone answer my question please. I want to know how should user
>>> specify a certain single object,as an example if user wants to get the Depth
>>> of a particular queue how user is going to specify which queue is user is
>>> expecting to get the Depth since there are so many queue's.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Lahiru

I'm