qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Ritchie" <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: amqj
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 22:52:32 GMT
2008/7/31 Rajith Attapattu <rajith77@gmail.com>:
> +1 for the suggestion.
>
> For the client side it would be good if we can consolidate all our config
> into
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/qpid/trunk/qpid/java/client/src/main/java/org/apache/qpid/client/configuration/ClientProperties.java
>
> Regards,
>
> Rajith
>
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 1:27 PM, Rafael Schloming <rafaels@redhat.com>wrote:
>
>> Is there any intention to replace our usage of the amqj prefix in system
>> properties with something a bit more obvious, like qpid? If so should we do
>> this for M3?
>>
>> An initial grep suggests that it wouldn't be that daunting a change if we
>> just do a mechanical replace. If we want to provide backwards compatibility,
>> e.g. look for qpid.foo first and fallback to amqj.foo with a warning, then
>> it would be a bit more work.
>>
>> --Rafael

If we are going to do that can we also take a look at other items such
as the two different strings we currently use in the Java client for
the selector value in the arguments table. Would love to remove the
various literal values too but first things first.

I'm all for standardisation but as Rafi suggests backwards
compatibility might be needed. Though I think we might be ok in terms
of the amqj.* values, will have to check tomorrow though.

cheers
Martin

--
Martin Ritchie